Components by Function
From sine.space Wiki
This page lists particularly common functionalities, and describes the best tool for the job with a focus on commonly used terms in other popular virtual worlds.
- Use Mecanim, you can animate anything - objects, materials/textures, texture scrolling, skinned animation (including mocap imports). Can be used on any object (Clothing, Gestures, Regions, Vehicles, etc.) See Unity Documentation
- Cutscenes: Use either Gestures (built-in), or USequencer (supported paid addon)
- Use Mecanim (see above) and one of:
- World Space UI Canvas (Unity Feature) -- use to make buttons.
Seat / Poseball
- Not directly supported (yet). Sell Merch instead.
- Components/Statue - base NPC component
- Components/StreamingBackgroundMusic - for linked MP3/OGG files.
- Components/SceneBackgroundMusic - for Shoutcast/streaming music.
- Components/RegionMusicHint - for embedded area-specific music (also needs Components/RegionMusicHintManager in scene.)
- Components/JukeboxVolumeHint - for user controllable jukeboxes.
SFX and Environmental Audio:
- See Unity Manual, all parts work (including Reverb Zones and other audio filters and effects like low/high-pass, distortion, echo, etc.) Audio Sources
- Use Shuriken, the Unity3d Particle System
Vendor / Merchant
- Components/TeleportPad - intraregion teleports with UI
- Components/TeleportLocal - intraregion teleports
- Components/TeleportWorld - interregion teleports
- This is built-in. See Clothing Customisation
- Use a UI Canvas (Unity, see documentation). Screen Space or World Space, can be embedded in regions.
- You probably don't need these.
Gatcha / Lucky Dip / Treasure Chests