Client Scripting Function Reference
This API is shared between both C# and Lua runtimes. In case of Lua, we treat 'Nil' as 'null', but otherwise identical. C# scripts are defined as a class inheriting from SpaceScript. Lua scripts have a pre-prepared global named 'Space' containing an instance of the SScript class.
Most of these API designs have been modelled after the API already used by Unity3D to allow existing developers easier familiarity with space.
Full Class List (Automated Documentation): http://space-files.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/client-scripting/annotated.html
- Scripting/SScript (aka 'Space')
- Scripting/SMath Math Functions
- Scripting/SScene Scene Functions
- Scripting/SInventory Inventory access
- Scripting/SInventoryItem Inventory items
- Scripting/SHost Scripting Runtime
- Scripting/SPhysics Physics (see also Scripting/SRigidbody)
- Scripting/SString String functions
- Scripting/SInput Input functions
- Scripting/SCameraManager Camera manipulation (see also Scripting/SPostFX, Scripting/SCamera)
- Scripting/SWebService HTTP Requests & Web Services
- Scripting/SNetwork Networking functions (network persisting variables, etc)
- Scripting/SPersistence Persistence functions (save/retrieve state information permanently, attach to player, scene, global)
- string, byte, int long, float, double, char, etc.
- Scripting/SVector A 3D Vector class for storing positions/euler rotations
- Scripting/SQuaternion A Quaternion used for storing proper rotational information
- Scripting/SPhysicsHit Stores hits occurring in the physics subsystems (e.g. Raycast Hits, Collider Hits, etc)
- Scripting/SWebResponse Stores the response from a Web Request
- Scripting/SNetworkMessage A network message received from another script
- Scripting/SMaterial A reference to a rendering material
- Scripting/SAnimator Access to Animator state machines
- Scripting/SAudioSource Audio Source & Playback
- Scripting/SCamera Camera controls (e.g. Field of View, Orthographic rendering, etc.)
- Scripting/SLight Access to the Light properties.
- Scripting/SRenderer Access to the renderer of an object.
- Scripting/SSceneBackgroundMusic (note: may rename to SRadio)
Server Scripting Function Reference