The following are known issues when using Unity 2018.3 to Author Content
- The new terrain system in 2018.3 is not yet fully supported. (works in 2018.2 and earlier)
- Uploaded trees may vanish
- Terrain textures may vanish
- Draw Instanced does not work
- Substances uploaded in Unity 2018.x will not render properly in client app versions 2019.1b7 and below. Currently a 2019.2b2 or later client is required.
- Changes to variables in a substance graph may not have any effect.
- Tiling and offset values on a Substance may not work.
- Transparent and cutout Opacity modes do not work.
- SpeedTree 8 files (*.ST) are not supported in client app versions 2019.1b7 and below. Currently a 2019.2b2 or later client is required.
- Unity 2018.3.x and 2018.4.x have a known bug in SpeedTree 8 (*.ST) file handling that ignores the colliders generated by the SpeedTree Modeler app. This issue is resolved in Unity 2019.1.x, the workaround for Unity 2018.3.x and 2018.4..x is to manually add colliders to the SpeedTree model, save as a prefab and use the prefab in Unity terrain.
- MicroSplat terrain shader is not supported in client app versions 2019.1b7 and below. A 2019.2b2 or later client is required. See the Extensions page for notes on MicroSplat compatibility
- Some nested prefabs are giving issues after processing.
- Making some changes to an existing item's settings (such as cloth) may break the item's rigging, requiring remaking the item.
Scriptable Render Pipeline (SRP) and Shader Graph
- The Scriptable Render Pipeline (SRP), including both the Lightweight Render Pipeline (LWRP) and High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP) are both still in Unity Preview and not supported in Editor Pack 14. Since Shader Graph requires SRP and is also in Unity Preview, it is also not supported in EP14.
Visual Effects (VFX) Graph
- The Visual Effects (VFX) Graph is still in Unity Preview and not supported in Editor Pack 14.